Union Square Redevelopment
The City of Somerville is seeking a master developer to enact the Union Square Redevelopment Plan. This developer would facilitate 2.3 million square feet of new development in seven development blocks. The parcels are currently assessed at $26 million.
Candidates for Master Developer:
- The Abbey Group - Developer of the Landmark Center and 1282 Boylston Street, both in the Fenway neighborhood of Boston.
- The Community Builders - Developer of Tent City and Langham Court, both in Boston’s South End.
- The Fallon Company -Master developer of Fan Pier in the Fort Point neighborhood of South Boston and developer of nearby Park Lane Seaport and Vertex Pharmaceuticals building.
- Gerding Edlen - Master developer of The Brewery Blocks and South Waterfront Central District, both in Portland, OR.
- HYM Investment Group - Master developer of North Point on the Somerville-Cambridge line and the Government Center Garage in Boston.
- KSS Realty/Redgate - Co-developers of Maxwell’s Green in Somerville. KSS is developing the Lead Mills site in Marblehead and RedGate is developing Boardwalk Residences at Marina Bay in Quincy.
- Magellan Development(US2) - Master developer of Lakeshore East and developer of the Chicago Youth Program Center at Washington Park, both in Chicago.
- National Development/FRIT - National Development has been developer of Longwood Center in Boston is developing the Ink Block in Boston’s South End. Federal Realty Investment Trust is the master developer of Assembly Row in Somerville and Santana Row in San Jose, CA.
- Samuels & Associates - Developer of several blocks along Boylston Street and Brookline Avenue in the Fenway neighborhood of Boston and to create an urban village consistent with the neighborhood’s master plan concept, and of Barry’s Corner in North Allston.
- Trinity Union Square LLC - Master developer of Hamilton Canal District in Lowell and, in Boston’s Bulfinch Triangle, developer of the adjacent Avenir and One Canal Street.
Master Development Candidate Presentation Schedule to Community Advisory Committee — all are welcome to attend:
** Wednesday, March 5, 2014, 6:00-8:00 pm at the Argenziano School:
- Trinity/Davis 6:15-6:45
- KSS/Redgate 6:50-7:20
- HYM 7:25-7:55
** Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 6:00-8:00 pm at the Argenziano School:
- FRIT/National 6:15-6:45
- Union Square Station Assoc. 6:50-7:20
- Gerding Edlen 7:25-7:55
** Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 6:00-8:00 pm at the Argenziano School:
- Samuels and Associates 6:15-6:45
- Abbey Group 6:50-7:20
- Fallon Company 7:25-7:55
- Union Square Revitalization Plan
- SomerVision Plan
- Master Developer RFQ
- Developers registering for the RFQ
- Addendum to RFQ – answers to respondent questions 2
- Addendum to RFQ – answers to respondent questions 3
- Parsons Brinkerhoff leading planning and design of roadway and infrastructure improvements in Union Square. Report from the first community meeting November 18.
- 2002 Union Square Transportation Study