Does Marshmallow Fluff inspire you to create culinary works of art? Have you ever used Fluff as a secret ingredient? Is there a fabulous recipe featuring Fluff that’s been passed down in your family for generations? If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these questions, they you should submit your creation to the What the Fluff? Cooking Contest!
- Best Original Recipe
- Best Traditional Recipe
- Most Creative
- Best Youth Entry
- Grand Prize: Best Overall
Registration is between 2:45 pm and 3:15 pm. Here’s how it works:
1. Bring at least 6 servings of your best Fluff recipe to the festival.
2. Print-out of your recipe and this form. (If you need, we’ll have extra forms to fill out at the festival, too.)
3.Receive a little “You’re Flufftastic!” gift from us just for entering.
2:45-3:15 – Registration
5:15 – Contest Winners Announced from the Main Stage
5:30 – Bake Sale
Some things to keep in mind if you’re submitting an entry:
- You won’t get the left-over food you submit for the contest so if you want a taste of your award-winning cake, bake two and keep one for yourself.
- This is a madcap festival of people on a serious sugar buzz. It’s not a safe place for Grandma’s heirloom china. We’ll be as careful as we can but can’t take responsibility for containers and utensils submitted with your entry. Platters and such will be available for pick up following the end of the bake sale. If at all possible, we recommend you bring your entry in something disposable.
- Creativity is highly encouraged ! Flavor and presentation are both highly valued. Some of the faves from festivals past included an Erupting Fluff Volcano Cake, Fluff Avocado Ice Cream, Chicken Wings in a Fluff Barbecue Sauce, and a chess board made in cake and fudge. Think beyond the whoopie!
Stay tuned for further details about the fabulous prizes and the amazing panel of judges that will decide which recipes out-Fluff the competition. After the judging is complete, we hold a bake sale of the left overs so festival goers who have been eyeing the treats can get a chance to sample.