Union Square Development – Master Developer
The City of Somerville is seeking a master developer to enact the Union Square Redevelopment Plan. This developer would facilitate 2.3 million square feet of new development in seven development blocks. The parcels are currently assessed at $26 million.
Short Listed Candidates for Master Developer:
- The Abbey Group - Developer of the Landmark Center and 1282 Boylston Street, both in the Fenway neighborhood of Boston.
- Gerding Edlen - Master developer of The Brewery Blocks and South Waterfront Central District, both in Portland, OR.
- Magellan Development(US2) - Master developer of Lakeshore East and developer of the Chicago Youth Program Center at Washington Park, both in Chicago.
- National Development/FRIT - National Development has been developer of Longwood Center in Boston is developing the Ink Block in Boston’s South End. Federal Realty Investment Trust is the master developer of Assembly Row in Somerville and Santana Row in San Jose, CA.
- Union Square Revitalization Plan
- SomerVision Plan
- Master Developer RFQ
- Developers registering for the RFQ
- Addendum to RFQ – answers to respondent questions 2
- Addendum to RFQ – answers to respondent questions 3
- Parsons Brinkerhoff leading planning and design of roadway and infrastructure improvements in Union Square. Report from the first community meeting November 18.
- 2002 Union Square Transportation Study